The International Affairs and Business Development unit works to drive business for California and to address barriers to the Golden State's continued global economic strength.
The unit provides critical support on issues relating to international trade and investment opportunities, foreign relations, international agreements and partnerships with the countries that have a friendly relationship with California.
The unit collaborates with federal, local and international partners namely with the California STEP partners
to identify and assist small to medium size companies in developing markets abroad for their products and services.
The California State Trade and Export Promotion (California STEP) project
combines a network of state, federal, private and non-profit trade promotion organizations in California to facilitate export promotion activities, serving targeted industries, to drive exports for small businesses.
- If you are exporting, the program can help your business export more.
- If you are not exporting, then the program can help you get started.
Other questions California STEP can answer:
- What opportunities are there for my firm to connect with overseas buyers in California?
- How can my firm maximize our marketing efforts through trade shows abroad?
- Who can I contact to shorten my time for export assistance?
- What opportunities exist for my firm to get specialized export training and assistance?
To be considered as a participant in the California STEP program, please review the SBA's Eligiblity Guidelines and complete the California STEP registration form.
For registration assistance or questions related to exporting, please contact the California STEP staff or partners.