It is prudent for a business, whether service- or manufacturing-oriented, to obtain property and liability insurance coverage for the physical office or facility.
In general, a business owner policy (BOP) covers:
- Property: Building (if owned);
- Business personal property (building contents);
- Time element (business income and extra expense);
- Liability: Premises/building; and,
- Business operations (Includes bodily injury or property damage).
Specific coverage can be added to a BOP for things such as flood, fine arts and equipment and employee dishonesty (forgery, embezzlement, burglary). The best source to find a business or commercial insurance broker is through the telephone Yellow Pages, listed under “insurance.”